Safety & Positioning is our mission. Please ensure the following when skin-to-skin with your baby:
- You can see your baby's face... not covered by clothing, not too far down.
- Your baby's head is NOT chin to chest and his neck is straight. If baby's chin falls to his chest, his tiny airway can get pinched! Always ensure the airway is clear.
- Nose and mouth are uncovered and unobstructed.
- Shoulders should be against mom/dad and baby should be chest to chest (this will keep her face/nose from pressing into you!)
- Mom/Dad should be on a slight incline... propped up with pillows or seated...Not flat on her back!
If you have any questions, we're always happy to help: email@example.com