Safety & Positioning is our mission. Please ensure the following when skin-to-skin with your baby:
- You can see your baby's face... not covered by clothing, not too far down.
- Your baby's head is NOT chin to chest and his neck is straight. If baby's chin falls to his chest, his tiny airway can get pinched! Always ensure the airway is clear.
- Nose and mouth are uncovered and unobstructed.
- Shoulders should be against mom/dad and baby should be chest to chest (this will keep her face/nose from pressing into you!)
- Mom/Dad should be on a slight incline... propped up with pillows or seated...Not flat on her back!
If you have any questions, we're always happy to help: email@example.com
Why do we call it SleepBelt?
It LITERALLY belts your sleeping baby to you.
Here at SleepBelt, we understand the importance of infant sleep - especially newborns.
When babies sleep, their bodies can conserve calories... calories that can instead be used to grow, and for brain development. Check this out: https://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/kangaroocare.asp
When babies sleep, Moms are able to relax and recover from childbirth. SleepBelt forces you off your feet (it's not a carrier - it must only be used when seated or reclined), ensuring mom takes time to rest and drink her new baby in.